ADSM-L

Not seeing a console screen for the renamed DSMCAD.NLM

2004-06-28 13:55:52
Subject: Not seeing a console screen for the renamed DSMCAD.NLM
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:55:39 -0400
 Hi folks,

In working on our (novell) cluster we had to rename our DSMCAD.NLM's
because of
a unloading of instances problem. (see below info I got off the IBM
site)

Yes, this can be prevented if there are multiple copies, each with a
different name, of the DSMC.NLM and/or DSMCAD.NLM.

For example, if there is a need for multiple schedules to be controlled
by DSMCAD.NLM then the following can be done:

1. Make a copy of the DSMCAD.NLM and give it a different name (that is.,
DSMCAD2.NLM)
2. Load the first instance with "LOAD DSMCAD
-OPTFILE=VolName:\path\to\dsm.opt"
3. Load the second instance with "LOAD DSMCAD2
-OPTFILE=VolName:\path\to\dsm2.opt"

When the first instance (DSMCAD) gets unloaded, the second instance
(DSMCAD2) will not be unloaded.

The problem is we don't see a console screen for the renamed DSMCAD.NLM.

Does anyone have any Ideas why we don't see a console screen?

Novell 6 sp3
TSM novell client 5.2.2

Thanks in Advance for any help!