ADSM-L

client asking for password in Gui

2004-06-28 09:42:11
Subject: client asking for password in Gui
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:41:55 -0400
Hello,

Can anyone tell me why when I connect to a node's Gui and
click on restore or backup that it would ask me for my
TSM login ID and password before it let's me do anything?

This if for a Novell cluster!

Novell os 6 sp3
TSM client 5.2.2
TSM server 5.2.1.3 running on AIX 5.1

below is the opt-file anyone see anything wrong/missing/not needed ?

Thanks for your help in Advance!

   COMMMETHOD              TCPip
   TCPCLIENTADDRESS        xx.xx.xx.xx
   TCPSERVERADDRESS       xx.xx.xx.xx
   TCPPORT                 1500
   HTTPPORT                1635
  errorlogretention 14
  schedlogretention 7
  Setting Nodename
NODENAME       docs1usr
CLUSTERNODE    yes
DOMAIN         nvol1:
ERRORLOGNAME   nvol1:tivoli\dsmerror.log
SCHEDLOGNAME   nvol1:tivoli\dsmsched.log
PASSWORDDIR    nvol1:tivoli\password
*NWPWFILE       YES
schedmode      prompted
* Testflag allows client to exit from unload
TESTFLAG enablescriptinput
* CADMODE WEBCLIENT SCHED (possibly needed to manage client acceptor and
sched services email from Tim 4/2/04
 MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP YES
* NWEXITNLMP NO
passwordaccess generate

NetWare user ID and password option
*  --------------------------------------------------------------
*  The following option specifies a user ID and password to connect
*  to a local or remote NetWare resource (server or NDS tree). The
*  user ID must have NetWare supervisory equivalence. Use this
*  option for each resource which will be managed by TSM.
*
*  If this option is not specified in the client options file, TSM
*  will check for a user ID and password in an encrypted file (if
*  NWPWFILE is set to YES).  If a correct user ID and password
*  is not found in a file (or NWPWFILE is set to NO), TSM will prompt
*  for a user ID and password when a backup or archive operation
*  is initiated.

   NWUSER docs1usrr\docs1usrr\:xxxxxxxx
* NWUSER server_2_name\user:password
* NWUSER nds_tree_name\user:password