ADSM-L

Re: Delays in connection establishment

2004-06-28 09:15:19
Subject: Re: Delays in connection establishment
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:15:03 -0400
>As far as the patch level is concerned, I used the latest TSM-Binaries found
> on
>ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/server/v5r2/AIX/LATEST
>Should I have installed patches ? I could do this next time I'm there...

Investigate and apply patches if you encounter problems which the patches say
they fix (ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/...).
Patches address specific issues, and have not necessarily been subject to
integrated testing as the "maintenance" levels have.  I doubt that they would
pertain to your delay issue, but the fixes available in patches are well worth
knowing about as you head toward production with a new TSM level, as they may
specifically address hardware or access techniques employed at a site.
We like to see patch levels cited in postings both to help assist others and
to learn how a given level is helping.

  Richard Sims