ADSM-L

Re: AIT drive I/O problems

2004-06-28 05:15:23
Subject: Re: AIT drive I/O problems
From: Rainer Schöpf <rainer.schoepf AT PROTEOSYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:14:53 +0200
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Steven Bridge wrote:

 > Currently running TSM server version 5.1.8 on an AIX 5.2 machine.
 > We have a Qualstar TLS-412600 library with three AIT-2 drives.
 >
 > [...]
 >
 > I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced the
 > same problems with these drives - assuming anyone else uses AIT drives.

Yes, with a Qualstar TLS-4210 with two AIT-2 drives. The errors went away
after a firmware upgrade of the drives (revision 0107 --> 010f, according
to the service protocol).  Since then, no problems.

The firmware revision is now 0204.

 > I wonder whether the problem is symptomatic with these drives or
 > whether there are any firmware upgrades that might fix the problem.
 > How do you find out what version is on the drive ?

Any tool that executes a SCSI inquiry command should do. I'm sure there is
something on AIX :-)

 Rainer Schöpf