ADSM-L

Re: Storage pool on NAS attached Tape Library or drives

2004-06-28 03:12:09
Subject: Re: Storage pool on NAS attached Tape Library or drives
From: Muhammad Sadat <sadat AT INFOTECH.COM DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:06:43 +0500
Dear All,
Do we require TDP for NDMP to access NAS Tape library?

Scenario is,
1- TSM server has storage pool on NAS (I presume no TDP for NDMP required)
2- TSM Server will migrate data to Tape Library or drives attached to NAS.
(Here do we need TDP for NDMP?)

3- TDP for Lotus Domino is used to backup Lotus data from NAS. (Do we need
TDP for NDMP or BA Client already has the code for NDMP?)

Best Wishes
Sadi

_

             Muhammad Sadat
             Anwar/Infotech
             06/25/2004 05:57
             PM                        "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
                                       <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
                                                                        cc
                                       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Storage pool on NAS(Document
                                       link: Muhammad Sadat Anwar)

Great,
that would suggest that, TSM EE will be setup first to access NAS volumes,
and then device class bla bla .. and then that next storage pool.
We do not even require "Tivoli Storage Manager for NDMP" as NAS in question
would be NetApps and TSM EE is already equipped to talk to NAS using NDMP.
OS on NAS would be DataOnTap.

Thanks Jin

____________________________________

             Jin Bae Chi
             <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>

             06/25/2004 05:47
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: Storage pool on NAS

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Update disk storage pool with NEXTstgpool=NASstgpool, highmig=xx
lowmig=xx, so that when reached higmig %, TSM will migrate data to
NASstgpool until lowmig%.

Gus

>>> sadat AT INFOTECH.COM DOT PK 6/25/2004 3:29:43 AM >>>
Dear All,
Can you please elaborate on keeping storage pool on NAS (NetApps)?

My client wants to take backup disk of TSM server and then to migrate
it
onto NAS storage pool instead of tapes.
Very Briefly, how can this be accomplished??

Sadi,