ADSM-L

Re: RTFM Assistance

2004-06-24 13:40:07
Subject: Re: RTFM Assistance
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:39:46 -0500
Define device class and backup db.

Basically you define a device class that looks something like:

    Device Class Name: SERVERA
evice Access Strategy: Sequential
   Storage Pool Count: 0
          Device Type: FILE
               Format: DRIVE
Est/Max Capacity (MB): 71,680.0
          Mount Limit: 1
     Mount Wait (min):
Mount Retention (min):
         Label Prefix:
         Drive Letter:
              Library:
            Directory: \\SERVERA\G$
          Server Name:
         Retry Period:
       Retry Interval:
             Twosided:
               Shared:
   High-level Address:
     Minimum Capacity:
                 WORM: No
      Scaled Capacity:

Your server has to have access to SERVERA\G$ (you can set TSM server service
to log on with an account with access there).

Then issue BACKUP DB DEVCLASS=SERVERA ....