ADSM-L

Re: TSM server Linux update travails

2004-06-24 11:30:16
Subject: Re: TSM server Linux update travails
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:29:55 -0400
Thanks for the help/responses.

I did as suggested and copied the status.dat file to where it was looking
for it and the install went clean.

Now, if someone can tell me why the "ACTIVITY LOG" query from the
webadmin, has not been fixed (still forces an erroneous DOMAINNAME parm
with a value that I can not get rid of, thereby making it fail)..........

"Charlie Hurtubise" <charlieh AT tecsys DOT com>
06/24/2004 10:59 AM

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>, "Otto Schakenbos"
<otto.schakenbos AT TELEFLEX DOT COM>
cc
"Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU" <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
Subject
RE: TSM server Linux update travails

Zoltan,
I just went through this last week. I just copied my status.dat to a
/tmp/license/status.dat and the update worked fine. It even deleted the
/tmp/license/status.dat file & folder afterwards. I've been running
5.2.2.5 for over a week now.
Some RPM install glitch that IBM hopefully fixes next version.
Charlie Hurtubise
Tecsys Inc.