ADSM-L

Re: TSM server Linux update travails

2004-06-24 10:27:14
Subject: Re: TSM server Linux update travails
From: Otto Schakenbos <otto.schakenbos AT TELEFLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:26:48 +0200
you can  do a "mkdir /tmp/license" and "touch /tmp/license/status.dat"
then it should work.
This file is created normally when you run the install script on the
installation cd  after reading and agreeing with the license agreement.
I guess by creating this file by hand you  agree with a license
agreement you have never read/seen. (who reads that anyway)

regards

Otto Schakenbos
System Administrator

TEL: +49-7151/502 8468
FAX: +49-7151/502 8489
MOBILE: +49-172/7102715
E-MAIL: oschakenbos AT teleflex DOT com

TFX IT-Service AG
Fronackerstrasse 33-35
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY

Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

I am trying to update my TSM Linux server from 5.2.2.3 to 5.2.2.5.

When I do the "rpm -Uvh TIVsm-server*.rpm" to do the install, I get an
error  message about my license file "/tmp/license/status.dat" not being
there/correct and therefore the TSM must not be installed.

Why is it looking for the status.dat file in /tmp when it is in the
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/license directory ?

Am I missing some kind of PATH ?   (I didn't do the original install so I
am unsure how it was installed)

Any suggestions ?