ADSM-L

Re: Novell Cluster (San volumes not getting backed up)

2004-06-23 12:04:36
Subject: Re: Novell Cluster (San volumes not getting backed up)
From: Mark Hayden <MHayden AT EPA.STATE.IL DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:03:55 -0500
Thank You, will let you know what works.

>>> riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA 6/23/2004 7:57:59 AM >>>
Hi Mark,

I ran into a similar problem on another <cough> backup software.

As this software isnt Novell Cluster aware (which ones are?) we had to
in
the end run the TSA with a /nocluster option.

BUT, before you rush out and do this, this presented its own problems
as the
disks are now presented to the backup software on both the physical
nodes.

We wrote a script that figured out which node was the active node and
only
backed that client up with a client side command line. (surely TSM will
have
somethign similar). This meant that if we wanted to do a restore it was
pain as we had to "hunt" between the 2 possible backup clients to find
the
correct date for restore.

If however only one of your clients will "always" be the active node
then
you should have less issues.

I hope this helps, slightly...

Regards,