ADSM-L

Disaster Recovery Notes Domino Server

2004-06-23 09:57:23
Subject: Disaster Recovery Notes Domino Server
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:56:58 +0100
Hi,

We are in the process on setting up a Disaster Recovery Notes Domino
Server.

My contribution in this exercise involves:-

1) A daily scheduled restore of non database Domino server files to DR
server,
using the standard TSM Backup/archive client.

2) A daily scheduled  full restore of the databases to the DR server.
 Do I treat the DR server as a separate node, i.e register it,
 install TDP for Domino & create necessary TSM schedulers etc.
 OR
just treat the DR server as an "alternate server" as per TDP User Guide
"Appendix C.  Advanced restore procedures"
"How to perform an alternate server restore"
Are both methods feasible for a  DR server ?

As anybody got experience or  advice ?

The Project Leader's ultimate aim is to have the transaction log of the
live Domino Server on the DR Server with the idea of I quick..ish switch
over in a disaster situation !

T.I.A

Bill