ADSM-L

Re: 3494 questions

2004-06-21 11:06:50
Subject: Re: 3494 questions
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:06:39 -0400
>I'm having some problems trying to keep my 3494 library volumes consistent
>with TSM.  I have a lot of volumes in TSM that are "unavailable" which I
>cann't checkin because they are in the library but TSM set them to
>"unavailable".  I usually have to run set the unavailables back to readw
>then run and audit on them.  Does anyone have an script to do this before I
>start writing one.

Better to uncover and fix the library or procedural problem which is causing
the volumes to be made Unavailable, such as a problem drive causing mounts
to time out, or volumes not marked onsite when needed.  Your Activity Log
will have the situational info on what's happening to the volumes.
Checkin is obviously inappropriate.  I would additionally use the mtlib
command to do a quick check of the category codes of your volumes to assure
that they look reasonable.

   Richard Sims