ADSM-L

Question about 'Copy storage pool'

2004-06-18 04:16:50
Subject: Question about 'Copy storage pool'
From: Paul Van De Vijver <Paul.Van.De.Vijver AT HONDA-EU DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:08:49 +0200
Hi TSM gurus,

I wonder if it is possible to keep only the 'active' backup versions in
the 'Copy storage pool' ???

Whenever there is a disaster we only need to recover the most recent
situation,
there is no need to have all versions availlable at our DR site.
If this would be possible we should need much less tapes and also much
less tapemounts
to recover our clients.
I know TSM is designed to have a complete copy of the 'Primary storage
pool'
but due to the constantly data growth we have to buy new expensive tapes
every xxx months to keep
data on it we do not really need at our DR site ....

Your opinion would be very much appreciated,

Paul

Van de Vijver Paul
Honda Europe NV
Belgium

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or the
entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you have
received it by mistake, please let the sender know by e-mail reply and delete
it from your system.
disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Honda Europe NV is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of
the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its
receipt.