ADSM-L

TSM 5.1.9, delete filespace and restore of the deleted data

2004-06-14 06:54:14
Subject: TSM 5.1.9, delete filespace and restore of the deleted data
From: Przemysław Maciuszko <sal AT AGORA DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:53:22 +0200
Hello.
I have a problem. Accidentally during delete space all data (archive and
backup) were deleted. However only backup data were suppose to be deleted :(

The deletion occured about 2 weeks ago, so the rollback operation is a
little bit difficult.
Is there any way to restore the missing archive definitions? I suppose all
the data is still on the tapes.

I'm thinking about restoring TSM database to point in time before deletion,
then export node (do I have to export all archived data?), then rollforward
to current state and import node.
Is there a chance for it to work? How slow is export node?

--
Przemysław Maciuszko
Agora SA