ADSM-L

Re: Add to wish list for future TSm version

2004-06-11 13:56:54
Subject: Re: Add to wish list for future TSm version
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:56:39 -0400
>Along with online db defrags and diskpool defrag/reclamation, I would
>really like to see a decent Client Option Set editor in the web admin
>gui.  I had to resort to writing my own script to avoid the current one
>(feels like I'm back in the old line-mode TSO days on the mainframe!)

I think the best solution is to follow the approach used in the
Define Script command, where a File option allows whole replacement of
the object from an externally edited file.  I, too, hark from ye olde
mainframe environment, and likewise cannot abide the thought of doing
relative line number editing of live server structures, where it's far
too easy to introduce an error in dissociated cause and effect.

    Richard Sims