ADSM-L

Re: How do you handle retired nodes?

2004-06-11 10:56:45
Subject: Re: How do you handle retired nodes?
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:59:47 -0600
Rick,

Update node <nodename> domain=<new domain>

To create the domain just use

copy domain <old domain name> <new domain name>

You don't move the data - TSM still knows where it is.  If you perform
another backup from the node all the files are bound to the new management
classes, but it doesn't matter if they are or not if the retention will be
the same on both.

Bill smoldt
STORServer, Inc