ADSM-L

Re: Licensing issues when moving server

2004-06-09 18:33:16
Subject: Re: Licensing issues when moving server
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:30:03 +1000
Thanks for the replies. I did forget to install the licensing package from the
original CD, but I've managed to find our CD now and will just install the
license installation program from there. I don't think it should matter that
the CD is v4.2, a lower version then the actual server version I am going to
use.

Thanks again!

Gordon

                      Eric-van.Loon@KLM
                      .COM                     To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      [email protected].        Subject:  Re: Licensing issues
when moving server
                      EDU

                      09/06/2004 07:40
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      ADSM-L

Hi Gordon!
>From the messages manual:

ANR9638W (HP-UX) License registration is not supported on this server.

Explanation: The REGISTER LICENSE command fails because the license
authorization module cannot be found.

System Action: Server operation continues; licensing terms are not changed
by the REGISTER LICENSE command.

User Response: The license authorization file is required for formal
licensing for the HP-UX server. The file is delivered when the server is
purchased, but it is not available in the product service stream or with
demonstration copies of the server. If you have purchased the server,
contact your service representative for assistance in resolving this
problem.

It looks like your new installation is missing this license authorization
file (I don't know it's name, maybe other HP-UX users do?). Did you compare
the TSM installation directory with the one on the old server?
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines