ADSM-L

Re: Long pause in the middle of an NT backup.

2004-06-09 16:02:21
Subject: Re: Long pause in the middle of an NT backup.
From: "Anderson, Matt" <Matt.Anderson AT PEARSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:55:32 -0500
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to implement a cron job tonight to query
the sessions every few minutes to see exactly what the session in question
is doing during the "inactive" time.

Journaling (as suggested in another message) is currently being tested for
some on one of our servers. We had problems with it in the past but are
hoping it's improved to the point where it's usable to us.

Regarding fragmentation, I hadn't realized that could be related to this
behavior, but it does make sense. In fact, we know we're horribly fragmented
but are unable to take the necessary downtime to unload/reload the database
in the foreseeable future.

Thanks!

--Matt