ADSM-L

Re: how to find out the date when a file became inactive??

2004-06-08 12:11:28
Subject: Re: how to find out the date when a file became inactive??
From: Lisa Laughlin <Lisa.Laughlin AT MODOT.MO DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:10:15 -0500
Thanks Richard-- I was hoping it wasn't one of THOSE select statements-- I
started

tsm: TSM_HQ_2>select deactivate_date, filespace_name, type, ll_name,
hl_name,dea
ctivate_date, class_name, state, backup_date,node_name from backups where
NODE_N
AME='GHDATA01DISKGROUP2' order by BACKUP_DATE

before I asked the list the question.  This is on a clustered, SAN, Windows
2000 server with way more than a million objects & about 800G of data on
it.  I am just hoping I don't crash the TSM server before the select
finishes!!

Perhaps I should have only include the HL_name for the filespace I was
interested in......

             Richard Sims
             <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: how to find out the date when a
                                       file became inactive??
             06/08/2004 10:59
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

>Can anyone one help me out on this one?
>
>I am severely brain impaired right now & I have a request from mgmt to see
>if I can find out when a file became inactive (i.e., when it was deleted).
>I am pretty sure I have a recollection of finding out this information
>before, but am at an utter loss right now to remember how.

Lisa - Do a Select on the Backups table, where the DEACTIVATE_DATE
       tells the story.
(See  DEACTIVATE_DATE  in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts)

  Richard Sims