ADSM-L

Odd Linux client problem

2004-06-07 17:13:49
Subject: Odd Linux client problem
From: Aria Bamdad <ARIA AT BIOSTAT.BSC.GWU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:06:27 -0400
Hi,

I am having a problem with the 5.2 or 5.1 client running under Redhat 9.0.

The client installs properly and seems to connect to the server.  I have
coded the dsm.sys file to point to the server.  However, any statements
I place in the dsm.opt file will cause the following error to be
displayed:

ANS1036S Invalid option 'NODENAME' found in options file '/opt/tivoli/tsm/
client/ba/bin/dsm.opt

Similar errors appear for any other valid option.

If I remove all options from the dsm.opt file and invoke the GUI and do the
configuration from there, none of the options I select in the GUI will be
placed in the dsm.opt file.

The attrib and owner rights on the dsm.opt and dsm.sys are correct.  The
two DSM_CONFIG and DSM_DIR environment variables are also set.

I am at a loss.  Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks in advance.