ADSM-L

Re: Primary Pool and Copypool Relationship

2004-06-07 15:49:25
Subject: Re: Primary Pool and Copypool Relationship
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:49:00 -0500
I guess the proper sequence should have been:

1. Move nodedata from Copy Pool #1 to Copy Pool #2 (this way TSM will use
the data on Primary Pool #1 as the source data)
2. Move nodedata from Primary Pool #1 to Primary Pool #2

I'm not sure if there is any way other than to bring the volumes back onsite
and do the move node data then.

Depending on how much other data is in Copy Pool #1 - you could do this but
I wouldn't recommend it.  Delete all data in Copy Pool #1 then backup
Primary Pool #1.