ADSM-L

TSM client on Red Hat Linux

2004-06-07 14:31:16
Subject: TSM client on Red Hat Linux
From: Raymond Ramirez <rramirez AT PRTCMAIL.PRTC DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:26:41 -0400
I have installed the TSM client version 4.2.0 on two IBM x335 servers
running Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 2.1, and I did all the dsm.sys and
dsm.opt file fixes, plus the environmental variable changes to the
.bash_profile for root.

The "dsmc" commands work correctly and I can talk to our TSM Host Server,
but if I try to do a backup or an incremental on /home (using dsmc inc
/home as root user), I get two different error answers on identical setups
of TSM on both servers.

On the first one, I get:

Incremental backup of volume '/home'
ANS1076E *** Directory not found ***

And on the second one I get:

ANS1071E Invalid domain name entered: '/home'

Yet both servers have a valid /home directory, mounted for the default
/dev/sda5 file system under Linux, with root ownership and 755
permissions. Which one is the correct error and how can I fix them?

Thanks!

Raymond J Ramirez
Distributed System Supervisor
Puerto Rico Telephone