ADSM-L

Re: any one ever find a utility or tool to count CPUs on Wintel? FOUND ONE!

2004-06-04 15:38:43
Subject: Re: any one ever find a utility or tool to count CPUs on Wintel? FOUND ONE!
From: Lisa Laughlin <Lisa.Laughlin AT MODOT.MO DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:37:12 -0500
I found one called CPUCOUNT.EXE.  I can copy it to each of my TSM clients,
then use a script or cmd  thru the scheduler and have them all dump their
output to a single location.  Or something like that.....at least I have a
start!

             "Wheelock,
             Michael D"
             <Michael.Wheelock                                          To
             @INTEGRIS-HEALTH.         ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             COM>                                                       cc
             Sent by: "ADSM:
             Dist Stor                                             Subject
             Manager"                  Re: any one ever find a utility or
             <[email protected]         tool to count CPUs on Wintel?
             .EDU>

             06/04/2004 01:27
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hi,

I used a perl script to query the
hklm\system\currentcontrolset\control\session
management\environment\number_of_processors key on all of the machines.
This may be inaccurate for hyperthreading machines (this was not a
problem when I initially sized TSM).

Michael Wheelock
Integris Health