ADSM-L

Re: 3590 cleaning scheduling

2004-06-04 15:26:18
Subject: Re: 3590 cleaning scheduling
From: "Johnson, Milton" <milton.johnson AT CITIGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:10:23 -0400
"Clean Me" requests are also generated when the drive encounters a
"problem".  A faulty/failing drive can cause an abnormal spike in
cleaning requests.  I monitor these requests daily as an indicator of
drive health.  I have found that an increase in "Clean Me" messages
correlates with an "Attn Drive" message on the LCD of the 3590E1A.