ADSM-L

3583 scripting from windows

2004-06-02 08:28:53
Subject: 3583 scripting from windows
From: Ted Fiedler <fiedler AT UIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:18:37 -0400
I have a 3583 library that I use with TSM from AIX to do informix backups -
which take about three hours a day. I have it hooked up to a windows box
which is not running TSM server or client. From within AIX I can script
certain things using tapeutil - is there any such beast which can be used
from within windows (w2k) to automate moving of tapes about within the
library? Ie `tapeutil -f /dev/smc0 move 16 256`

Thanks

Ted Fiedler