ADSM-L

Re: Backup set - Instant archive - 2nd try

2004-05-31 15:51:04
Subject: Re: Backup set - Instant archive - 2nd try
From: Joe Crnjanski <JCrnjanski AT INFINITYNETWORK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 15:49:10 -0400
Thanks to you guys (and ladies) I solved first half of my problem.
I set up second instance of TSM on my test server, and backup sets on virtual
volumes work just fine.

Second half of the problem is:
How can I extract these backup sets from virtual volume.
All my customers are remote, and the backup is done over the WAN. My plan was
that in case of disaster I copy backup set to my laptop and go over there
and help them to restore locally from backup set.
If this is not possible the only other way that I can see it, is to restore
actual files on my laptop and then go over there and just copy the files
from my laptop. But I don't like this because I have to ask my customer for
password and encryption key.

And last question is how you expire backup sets on virtual volumes.

Thank you,

Joe Crnjanski
Infinity Network Solutions Inc.
Phone: 416-235-0931 x26