ADSM-L

Re: Insufficient number of mount points

2004-05-27 09:48:18
Subject: Re: Insufficient number of mount points
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:47:23 +0200
Hi

As you are using a libtype of manual, your library wont have any volumes
in its "on-line" inventory. Therefore, executing q libvol will not show
you the volumes you have labeled.

As soon as you have labled your volume, the volume will be ejected from
the tape drive. That means, that the volume will not be in "on-line" mode.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"creimer AT impactow.com DOT br" <creimer AT IMPACTOW.COM DOT BR>
2004-05-27 10:47
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Insufficient number of mount points

I restared the whole process again. First of all I labeled a tape with
"label libvolume manuallib dsm001" and then the server asked to mount a
4mm volume in drive. After a tape was mounted the server recorded LABEL
VOLUME for volume DSM001 in library MANUALLIB completed successfully.

But when you query the server with "q libvolume manuallib", the answer is
"no match found using this criteria".

Should not "q libvolume manuallib" show something about volume DSM001?

> From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf
> Of
> creimer AT impactow.com DOT br
>>When I insert or eject it from the drive nothing is recorded in the
>>activity log. It seams like the TSM server cann't see what is happining
>>with the drive.
>
> If you are manually inserting and ejecting the tape, TSM won't know
> anything about it and won't record the events.
>
> --
> Mark Stapleton

Reimer
creimer AT impactow.com DOT br / www.quicksoft.com.br
Fone: (47) 231-6500 - Fax: (47) 231-6515