ADSM-L

Re: TSM TDP for MS SQL in a cluster

2004-05-27 09:01:41
Subject: Re: TSM TDP for MS SQL in a cluster
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:01:03 -0400
Yiannakis,

If you are referring to the registry entries under here:

   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\BackupClient\Nodes\

then you can delete the entry underneath that branch
that matches your nodename. You will need to store it again
before running Data Protection for SQL from a scheduler
session by running a command like this:

   TDPSQLC QUERY TSM /TSMPassword=tsmpassword /TSMOPTFile=dsmoptfilename

make sure you are always pointing to the same option file name in
all of the commands that you run.

The Data Protection for SQL User's Guide also has a step by step
appendix section on setting up a scheduler session, including the special
considerations for a cluster environment.

One other thing to try... change the NODENAME to something
other than the SQL Server name.. for example, try FUNDTSQL_SQL
to see if it changes anything.

If you are still having problems, please call IBM Support and they
can step through it with you.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/27/2004
01:28:32 AM: