ADSM-L

Re: Norton Corporate AV files

2004-05-26 09:00:58
Subject: Re: Norton Corporate AV files
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:00:15 -0400
Depending on what your retention criteria are it could take a while for all
copies to expire from TSM. One technique that has been posted to this list
is to create a management class with VERE=1, VERD=0 RETE=0 RETO=0 and assign
the files you are about to exlude to this management class and let a backup
run. Once the backup and expiration run you will only have 1 copy of those
files, now exclude the files and they're gone!

We have a management class called "ZERO" defined just for this.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.