ADSM-L

TSM 32Bit to 64bit Upgrade

2004-05-25 11:36:44
Subject: TSM 32Bit to 64bit Upgrade
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:36:13 -0500
We are currently are running TSM 5.1.7.3 - 32bit on a p630 AIX 5.2.2.  We would
like to change the TSM from 32bit to 64bit during this upgrade.  We ran a
preview of the install choosing the 64bit rte and server code and lic filesets
but the preview failed because it stated that the tsm.server.rte was already
there.  We decided to just go ahead and upgrade the 32bit code.

Has anyone upgraded TSM 5.x from 32 to 64bit code?  The Quick Start and Admin
guide only make reference to AIX 4.3 to 5.2, nothing about 32Bit to 64bit TSM.

Regards,

Charles