ADSM-L

Re: Data base backup

2004-05-25 11:32:51
Subject: Re: Data base backup
From: "Walker, Mike" <Mike.Walker AT STVIN DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:31:25 -0600
I've done it a couple of ways - 1st way was using oracle export and then
backing up the files using TSM - had problems with the size of the export
file, and backup and recovery were slow and a multi-step process.  Required
constant monitoring during the recovery process.

I have a system now where I'm using the 3rd array copy to remove and mount a
copy of my data base file systems and backing that up - this is quick on
both the backup and recovery and I've used this method to move copies of the
production database to testing and so far, like the way it works.

Mike Walker