ADSM-L

Re: 3583 problem

2004-05-25 11:22:57
Subject: Re: 3583 problem
From: Vincent Bijleveld <Vincent.Bijleveld AT TOMMY-EUROPE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:24:09 +0200
Hi Jie,

Does your drive also indicate an error code in it's tiny display, error
5 for example?
You can refer to your manual on what to do with the specific drive and
tape error codes.
Also look into the firmware level of your drives, library and rmu. We
had the same problems with our 3583 until we upgraded the firmware
level.