ADSM-L

dsmcad output redirection to dev null not effective on AIX.

2004-05-24 15:51:30
Subject: dsmcad output redirection to dev null not effective on AIX.
From: Robert Clark <raclark AT REGENCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 12:50:34 -0700
We have a few systems where the dsmcad appears to be outputting a countdown
on /dev/console, despite the output being directed to /dev/null in inittab.

I remember seeing a reference to this as a bug on the list, but can't find
any useful results by searching the list.

Pointers to APARS, docs, etc, appreciated.

Client 4.2.1.0 on AIX 5100-04. (Yes, this will be upgraded asap.)

Storage agent 5.1.9.0.

Server 5.1.9.0.

Thanks, [RC]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally
binding signature.