ADSM-L

Re: Virtual Tape Library

2004-05-19 21:09:28
Subject: Re: Virtual Tape Library
From: "Gee, Norman" <Norman.Gee AT LC.CA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:10:37 -0700
I tried using the IBM 3494-B18 VTS with TSM on the zSeries (z/OS) and
decided it was not a good fit.  TSM recalls partially fill tapes to finish
filling it.  The recall time was about 4 minutes.  Reclaim processing took
forever to bring in reclaimable volumes. Restores took forever with double
recalls of volumes. I am much happier using native 3590 drives.