ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server on Windows hangs

2004-05-17 07:35:35
Subject: Re: TSM Server on Windows hangs
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:35:27 -0400
>we have installed TSM 5.2.2.1 on Windows 2000. Last week and today morning,
>TSM hangs, as we started a TSM Web Admin Session. After displaying the
>Logon panel, TSM sent no response anymore. We had to restart the service.

Assuming that the W2000 is one of Windows 2000 Server, Advanced Server, or
Datacenter Server, as required for 5.2..

Did the TSM server hang, or was it just the Web Admin insterface?  Could
you use the dsmadmc interface and get response?
If the hang is really in the web admin session, does the browser meet the
requirements listed under "System Requirements" in the Quick Start manual?
Assuming that the server options default to HTTPPort 1580, the browser is
actually going at that port number?  Any firewall involved?

  Richard Sims