ADSM-L

Re: Second Library

2004-05-14 08:52:01
Subject: Re: Second Library
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 07:51:52 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
anton walde
>can I use more than one physical library from one soragepool?
>
>If I can, how do I implement this?
>
>If I can't, what do I have to think about when I move some storagepools
>the new Library? How do I work with the data I already have in this
pool in
>our old library? Will I have to move them manually or will it be done
by
>reclamation?

No. A storage pool definition is dependent upon a device class, and a
device class definition is dependent upon a library definition.

Therefore, if you have multiple libraries, you must have multiple device
classes, even if both libraries use the same kind of media.

Your best bet is to send all new backups to the new library, and let the
old library's data expire away for a few months. After that time, you
can run

        move data <volume_in_old_library>
stg=<storagepool_in_new_library>

Keep in mind that you can only do this for volumes in primary pools.

--
Mark Stapleton