ADSM-L

Re: ANS1028S Internal program error.

2004-05-13 14:06:47
Subject: Re: ANS1028S Internal program error.
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:06:18 -0400
I had a SQLServer box that was getting this error at times and I opened a
PMR. here's the response. The client implemented the registry setting
described in the Q304101 article and the box hasn't failed since.

APAR IC38129 describes the ANS9999E ntrc.cpp failure, but this problem was
fixed in the 5.2.2.0 client version.

So the only other resolution for this issue is described as follows from
some information I found in another PMR:

Error code 1450: ERROR_NO_SYSTEM_RESOURCES - Insufficient system
resources exist to complete the requested service

The problem you're seeing here (Win32 RC 1450) is a common error that we
have seen during backups of big filesystems, or particularly large
files.  Windows has a certain amount of memory pool space that it can
allocate to programs, and TSM is using the memory available from that
pool such that there is no more memory left to allocate.  TSM cannot
continue the backup of this file since no memory is left, so the
operation has to stop.  The limitation here is in Windows, and is not a
TSM problem (although TSM is the program using the memory).  The
functions being called by TSM are perfectly normal and valid, and there
is nothing TSM can do at this point due to this MS limitation.

The following docs from the Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles describe
this error code.
Q304101 - Backup Fails with Event ID 1450
Q247904 - How To Configure the Paged Address Pool and System Page Table
Entry Memory Areas
Q142719 - Windows Reports Out Of Resources Error When Memory Is
Available
Q236964 - Delayed Return of Paged Pool Causes Error 1450 "Insufficient
Resources"
Q192409 - Open Files Can Cause Kernel to Report

INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES
There are some suggestions in document 304101 that involve changing
registry settings.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q142719