ADSM-L

Re: TDP SQL Question

2004-05-13 08:18:20
Subject: Re: TDP SQL Question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 08:18:05 -0400
Hello Peter,

There are two packages for Data Protection for SQL.
There is a 32-bit package and a 64-bit package.
Are you trying to install the 32-bit package on a
64-bit machine or the 64-bit package on a 32-bit machine?
There is installation code to protect against this,
which is most likely what you are seeing. Make sure you are
using the correct package for the machine you are installing on.

You are not correct in your statement about the TSM Server.
Data Protection for SQL and the TSM Server CAN run on the
same machine. This is not a problem.
Are you referring to this README text?

   IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server does not have to be on the same
   machine as Data Protection for SQL and may be running on any platform
   supported by IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server.

This statement means that Data Protection for SQL
and the TSM Server are not required to be on the same machine
but they can be installed on the same machine.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/13/2004
05:37:16 AM: