ADSM-L

Re: can library be renamed?

2004-05-06 16:48:10
Subject: Re: can library be renamed?
From: Dmitri Pasyutin <pasd AT MAIL DOT RU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 22:45:51 +0200
On Thursday 06 May 2004 20:46, Nancy Reeves wrote:
>TSM 5.2.2.0 on AIX 5.2
>
> I want to change the name of my tape library. Is there a faster / better /
> easier way than deleting all references to it, including the drives & tape
> storage pools, then recreating it with the new name that I want?

Unfortunately, you will have to check out all libvolumes, delete and re-define
all drives and paths and the library itself and its path, and then re-checkin
the libvolumes. Fortunately, you do not have to delete any storage pool
volumes or storage pools, otherwise you would lose data!!!

Just point all tape device classes to the new library name after you re-define
it (with "update devc ... library=newlibname").

Dmitri