ADSM-L

Re: Reading the cartridge memory on LTO.

2004-05-06 03:24:58
Subject: Re: Reading the cartridge memory on LTO.
From: "Marcel J.E. Mol" <marcel AT MESA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 09:20:20 +0200
On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 04:40:00PM -0800, Levinson, Donald A. wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to access the information on the LTO-CM chip?
> I am interested in finding the total life usage of my tapes to determine
> when to end-o-life a cartridge.
> My drives are 3580 IBM and they are connected to an AIX system. I looked
> in the manual for tapeutil but it doesn't mention any such capability.

I have patched tapeutil to give you some usefull information out of the
tape drives/carctridges.
The patch for tapeutil 1.58 is able to show part of the MAM.
See http://www.mesa.nl to see example output of the patched taputil.
Follow the download link and then the tapeutil link.

-Marcel

--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.
    =======---------        ph. +31-(0)6-54724868          P.O. Box 112