ADSM-L

Re: Expiration

2004-05-03 12:04:44
Subject: Re: Expiration
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:01:21 -0400
> I am having a problem with expiration taking all night to complete!  Has
> anybody seen this?  Any suggestions?

We used to run expiration during our daytime batch schedule.  As our
database grew this became a problem.  When we tried to run other processes
during expiration we ran into log pin problems.  Our solution was to script
expiration so that it runs for one hour, every other hour, so we get around
12 hours of expiration run every day.  This tipically results is several
completed expiration processes per day.  Since doing this expiration issues
disappeared.

rick