ADSM-L

Re: Using subfile backup for specific filetypes ?

2004-05-01 13:28:04
Subject: Re: Using subfile backup for specific filetypes ?
From: "Chang, Calvin" <Calvin.Chang AT MOODYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 13:22:36 -0400
Does it hold true that once you turned subfilebackup=yes in your dsm.opt all
backups from then on will use subfile?  It seems to be the case because when
I backed up my 400 MB .pst file without adding an "include.subfile"
statement in my dsm.opt it went head and backed it up using subfile backup
by default and sent 9MB's to the tsmserver the 2nd time around.

When would I use the include.subfile option?  When I have subfilebackup=no?

Reason why I'm asking this is because if I can limit the amount of storage
space on TSM for all .pst files that would great! Instead of doing a full
backup of the .pst file every time it changes.

Thanks