ADSM-L

Re: Get tape to status scratch.....

2004-04-29 09:10:15
Subject: Re: Get tape to status scratch.....
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:04:05 -0400
for the "data" tapes try: "delete volume vol_name discarddata=yes"
once you do that then try to re-label the tape for scratch again.
for the dbbackup tapes you'll have to "delete volhistory" on it.
thanks!.

--Justin Richard Bleistein

|         |           Lars-Erik Öhman  |
|         |           <larsa.ohman@CARN|
|         |           EGIE.SE>         |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:  |
|         |           Dist Stor        |
|         |           Manager"         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           .EDU>            |
|         |           04/29/2004 08:34 |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor |
|         |           Manager"         |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                        |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Get tape to status scratch.....

Evironment:

Server OS: Windows 2000
TSM ver: 5.1.7.0

I have an old tape that was used for a database backup once, that I want to
make a scratch tape of, but it wont work. Can anyone help me with this?
There is no problem if I do it on another tape.

q libvol
LB6            194ABCL1      Private                   Data        4,130
LB6            195ABCL1      Private                   Data        4,113
LB6            196ABCL1      Private                   Data        4,148
LB6            197ABCL1      Private                   DbBackup    4,167
LB6            198ABCL1      Private                   Data        4,153
LB6            199ABCL1      Private                   Data        4,165
LB6            470AALL1      Private                   Data        4,163

update libvol lb6 197ABCL1 status=scratch
ANR8443E UPDATE LIBVOLUME: Volume 197ABCL1 in library LB6 cannot be
assigned a status of SCRATCH.

/Larsa