ADSM-L

Re: bad performance on web administration tool under ITSM V5.2.2.3

2004-04-27 14:16:21
Subject: Re: bad performance on web administration tool under ITSM V5.2.2.3
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:14:54 -0400
>I included DNSLOOKUP NO in my dsmserv.opt file an the performance
>problem is solved.

But... As the APARs indicate, it is typically the case that TSM helped
identify a site configuration/service problem, which needs to be pursued,
as it can affect all applications running on that system.

DNS lookups should be almost instantaneous in a well configured system.
(Having an unresponsive DNS server's IP address in a DNS servers list
can result in a four-second failover delay before rotating to the next
address in the server list.)

I would urge pursuit of the underlying problem.

   Richard Sims    http://people.bu.edu/rbs