ADSM-L

Re: Lost password for TDP for MSSQL

2004-04-27 13:06:09
Subject: Re: Lost password for TDP for MSSQL
From: fred johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:03:39 -0500
Thanks Del,

The machine admin didn't follow up late Friday afternoon, but yesterday
morning he reported an oops in reading the manual.  All fixed.

At 03:37 PM 4/23/2004 -0400, you wrote:
Fred,

If you have reset the password, you will need to store it again.
You can do this by running a command like this:

   TDPSQLC QUERY TSM /TSMPASSWORD=password

This assumes you are using the DSM.OPT file in the
Data Protection for SQL installation directory.

Also.. version 2.2 is pretty old. I recommend that you
upgrade to the latest version, which is verion 5.2.1.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/23/2004
03:22:31 PM:

> A user with MSSQL TDP 2.2 on a client with 5.2.0.3 at some point in the
> past stopped running, as in 3 months ago, but the machine admin and I
were
> only notified today.  The password is defined as generate.  The TDP gui
> would backup the files but not the scheduled command.  If the scheduled
> command were executed from the command line, it produced an
authentication
> error.  The admin then changed the agent password.  Now nothing works.

Fred Johanson
ITSM Administrator
University of Chicago
773-702-8464