ADSM-L

Re: Adding new DB & RecLog volumes whilst TSM server is running ( on OS390)

2004-04-26 13:17:23
Subject: Re: Adding new DB & RecLog volumes whilst TSM server is running ( on OS390)
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:11:37 -0400
Crude but simple way to do this. Stop the TSM server and create a copy of
your .opt file .opt2 or .opt.batch and run the format job against the
copied file. Just need to keep the copy option file up to date.

 - Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Enterprise Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

                      "Gee, Norman"
                      <Norman.Gee AT LC DOT CA        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      .GOV>                    cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Adding new DB &
RecLog volumes whilst TSM server is running ( on OS390)
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>
                      04/26/2004 12:46
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

If you change it to disp=shr, then the TSM started task can't update the
option file on the fly.

CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is intended only for
the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential
and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error, and any use,
review, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy any and
all copies of this communication.