ADSM-L

Virtual nodes. UNIX/Windows

2004-04-23 10:53:42
Subject: Virtual nodes. UNIX/Windows
From: Yury Us <us AT SOFTCOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:51:49 -0400
Hi everybody,
I am trying to write a little script to prepare daily report about ORACLE
backups. We are using TDP for ORACLE.

The idea is very simple. For every TDP node I do first "dsmc q f
-virtualnode=XXX -passw=YYY"
The next thing is "dsmc q b <file space name> -virtualnode=XXX -passw=YYY"
And here is a problem. dsmc version of 5.2  for windows works ok for windows
nodes, but not for UNIX nodes and vise versa.
Does anybody have an idea how to fix it?

May be  there is another solution. I am trying to figure out what files belongs
to the filespace on the node. I need to see their dates and sizes. Recently I
figure out that I have a lot of garbage in TSM that our ORACLE group losted
track. So I am trying to make a daily report and send them to check what do I
have in TSM in fact.

Environment: Server 5.1.8, AIX4.3.3. TDP 2.1.2, dsmc mixture of versions 5.1.5
and  5.2 on windows and AIX5.2

Yuriy Us.