ADSM-L

Re: Exclude on AIX (part 2)

2004-04-21 06:09:03
Subject: Re: Exclude on AIX (part 2)
From: Steven Pemberton <stevep AT IBK.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:05:53 +0800
On Wednesday 21 April 2004 15:34, Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM wrote:
> Hi *SM-ers!
> Ok, I understand that include.fs is not available on AIX, so that will make
> things more difficult.
> Let me first explain what our AIX guys try to accomplish, maybe we are
> trying to re-invent the wheel.
> We are trying to create a standard backup solution for our HACMP clusters.
> To put is simple: we want to backup all filesystems which are part of the
> sharedvg. We would like to create a standard script, which can be used on
> all HACMP nodes.

Eric,

Have a look at the 5.1 technical guide redbook. It has a sample script (which
I wrote :) to do this.

See section 5.1.2 "HACMP support for the B/A client on AIX" for the details,
but specifically page 199, "An alternative configuration....", with the
script described on page 201.

At run-time the script selects all "rootvg" filesystems to backup to the
normal node name, and all "non-rootvg" filesystems to backup to a cluster
node name. It will probably require some modification to suit your filesystem
layout, etc.

Regards,
Steven P.

--
Steven Pemberton
Senior Enterprise Management Consultant

Mobile: +61/0 418 335 136 | Phone: +61/3 9820 5811 | Fax: +61/3 9820 9907
Level 1, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, 3004, Australia
http://www.senetas.com.au | http://www.ibk.com.au | http://www.datum.com.au