ADSM-L

Re: ODBC select statement via "Host Monitor" software

2004-04-19 13:40:46
Subject: Re: ODBC select statement via "Host Monitor" software
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:29:56 -0600
Hi Tony,

I am unfamiliar with the Host Monitor product. Which ODBC driver version
are you using? Is it current? If not, then my first recommendation would
be to get on the latest & greatest (5.2.2). If that doesn't help, then
have a look at the problem determination guide at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/IBMStorageManagerMessages5.2.2.html.
Follow the "TSM ODBC driver" link, then "Troubleshooting and Diagnostics"
for further guidance (since troubleshooting ODBC problems is not trivial,
the guide asks you to collect some documentation, then to open a PMR).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Tony Morgan <TONY.MORGAN AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
04/19/2004 07:18
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
ODBC select statement via "Host Monitor" software

Hi Fellow Tivolions...

Has anyone used "Host Monitor" from KS-Soft to access the Tivoli Database
via the ITSM ODBC Driver?  What did you do to make it work????

I am getting "unknown data type" and "Invalid cursor state" messages from
select statements that work fine from MS Query.

Cheers

Tony Morgan
FBUK

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the addressee. The content of this
e-mail may have been changed without the consent of the originator.
The information supplied must be viewed in this context. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify our Helpdesk by
telephone on +44 (0) 20-7444-8444. Any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.