ADSM-L

Re: SIGNOFF

2004-04-19 13:07:32
Subject: Re: SIGNOFF
From: shekhar Dhotre <Shekhar.Dhotre AT LENDLEASEREI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:28:53 -0400
ADSM-L

Shekhar Dhotre/US1/Lend Lease
04/15/2004 11:09 AM

listserv AT vm.marist DOT edu
cc
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject
SIGNOFF
ADSM-L in the body of the e-mail.

"SIGNOFF ADSM-L"

Shekhar Dhotre/US1/Lend Lease
04/15/2004 10:28 AM

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Unsubscribe  Unsubscribe  Unsubscribe  Unsubscribe  Unsubscribe
Unsubscribe

Unsubscribe
I have sent this message three times unsuccessfully, have you had any
luck?

     NO I WANT REALLY TO UNSUBSCRIBE, AND I CAN'T
     What shell I do ?

I have all the instructions to do so :

To join, e-mail listserv AT vm.marist DOT edu stating SUBSCRIBE ADSM-L
yourfirstname
yourlastname in the body of the e-mail.

Further instructions will be sent to you.

To leave the list at any time, e-mail listserv AT vm.marist DOT edu stating
SIGNOFF
ADSM-L in the body of the e-mail.

To send  a message to  all the people  currently subscribed to  the list,
just send mail  to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU. This is called  "sending mail to
the list," because  you send mail to a single  address and LISTSERV makes
copies   for  all   the  people   who  have   subscribed.  This   address
(ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) is also called the  "list address." You must never
try to send  any command to that  address, as it would  be distributed to
all the  people who  have subscribed.  All commands must  be sent  to the
"LISTSERV  address," LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU  (or [email protected]).
It is  very important to understand  the difference between the  two, but
fortunately it  is not complicated.  The LISTSERV  address is like  a FAX
number that connects you to a machine, whereas the list address is like a
normal voice line connecting  you to a person. If you  make a mistake and
dial the FAX number when you wanted  to talk to someone on the phone, you
will quickly  realize that you used  the wrong number and  call again. No
harm will have been done. If on the other hand you accidentally make your
FAX call  someone's voice  line, the  person receiving  the call  will be
inconvenienced, especially if your FAX then re-dials every 5 minutes. The
fact that  most people  will eventually  connect the  FAX machine  to the
voice line to  allow the FAX to  go through and make the  calls stop does
not mean  that you  should continue  to send FAXes  to the  voice number.
People would just get mad at you.  It works pretty much the same way with