ADSM-L

Re: Status: (?) in client schedule event records

2004-04-18 21:18:06
Subject: Re: Status: (?) in client schedule event records
From: Jean-Pierre Denis <jp AT WEBGLOBE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:17:02 -0400
Hi,

Thanks Richard for your help !

> >The valid status are: Completed, Failed, Future, In Progress, Missed,
> >Pending, Restarted, Severed, Started, Uncertain but there is
> >nothing about (?).
>
> In cases like these, a search of the IBM database is in order:
> +"query event" +status +question
> turns up two hits, which explain that the question-mark
> status involves uncertainty in the loss of communications.

Your reply led me to
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC32494 which described
the problem.

> Your software levels weren't included in your posting, so we can't gauge
> whether this is something that prevails at those levels.

This was on 4.2 but and it was upgraded to 5.2.2.0 today.

>     Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs

BTW, Your ADSM Quick Facts is very usefull for TSM newbies like me :) ...

Thanks again,

Jean-Pierre Denis
WebGlobe - IT Solutions
Email: jp AT webglobe DOT ca